We are inviting expressions of interest for the voluntary position of Supporter Disability Representative (“SDR”).
This is a part time, voluntary, role working with the EDI & Mental Health team at the club and other CUSG reps.
The role will help improve the experience for disabled supporters across all aspects of the club.
It is a key part in making the necessary changes within the club and working together with fans who have all kinds of disabilities.
Working with the Equality Board Champion (EBC), and EDI Officer (EDIO) the SDR will undertake the following:
- Support EDI initiatives within the club and fan groups by providing a disability perspective
- Advise the EDIO/EBC on an ongoing basis on policy and strategy with regards to Supporter Disability equality matters. This includes:
- opportunities to increase disabled supporter engagement
- all issues relating to current equality and other policies and procedures
The time commitment is expected to be approximately:
- three hours every six weeks for CUSG matters
- two hours every month for the EDI Working group
- two hours per week on other scheduled Disability Group matters
- one hour pre-match and 15 minutes post-match
- other time as the SDR is willing to make available
The SDR will be provided with a complementary ticket for every home fixture.
Please also see the description for the role HERE.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Nigel Davidson at EDI@carlisleunited.co.uk or on 07960 889 671.
Please send ‘Expressions of Interest’ citing relevant experience, knowledge and why you would be a good fit for this role to EDI@carlisleunited.co.uk by 5pm on 1 December 2023.
Interviews are anticipated to take place 6 December 2023.