Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


7 September 2012

Latest update from the treatment room

The latest news from the treatment room:

Danny Livesey missed the last couple of games with a slight strain to his hamstring but he was back in training on Thursday. He was fine, with no reaction at all, so he'll be involved again whenever the gaffer decides it's time to use him.

Rory Loy is still having treatment with the specialist machine the surgeon got for him and that has worked well. He was back with the surgeon on Monday and he was very happy with the way things had progressed. We have to say thank you to Rangers and to one of their physiotherapists, Steve Walker, because they are going to let him use their Alter-G anti-gravity treadmill next week. It's a very expensive piece of equipment which will allow Rory to run at less than body weight. That means we can take all of the things we have been concerned about when he has been running out of the equation and it will be a massive help to him. We think we've cracked it with him now and it's just a case of building him back up. He'll do his week at Rangers and then we'll get him back down here to begin some work outside. It's still a very gradual process ahead as we start to apply more pressure on the injured area and as we ask him to do more, but things are progressing really well now. We still won't set a time scale on things because it is very much a day-by-day process. The good thing is that everything has healed and we have a clean slate to work from. 

Lee Miller had his operation on Thursday night and it was a big success. We were concerned following the x-ray and scan results because a significant amount of damage was shown. However, once they opened it up and got in there they found that it wasn't quite as bad as they thought it would be. They stabilised the ankle joint and took a little piece of bone away, and the prognosis from it is that we are hopeful we'll have him back at the start of next year. We were looking at mid-February before the operation so this process has cut four to six weeks off that initial assessment. He's in plaster for a couple of weeks from now, so it's a case of him resting it and looking after it as much as possible, and then we'll crack on from there. 

Matt Robson had a dead leg on Tuesday night but that was nothing too much to worry about. He took a bang on his thigh and he sat with some ice on his leg when he got back to the dug-out. A few of the lads took some little knocks during the JPT game but none of them were out of the ordinary. Some general treatments and massages have put that right and, other than the two longer term injuries, we seem to be doing ok. 

Advertisement block