An opportunity has arisen for a passionate individual to join Carlisle United Football Club as our Academy Sports Scientist.
This is a full-time role covering our Academy players from under-9 to under-18 and includes evenings and weekends.
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Academy Manager and will lead in –
- Delivering the physical development programme to the under-9 through to under-18 age groups
- To review all U9-U18 players from a physical perspective in the player development reviews
- Lead the physical testing of all academy players and input data to PMA
- Plan and oversee the implementation of individual/group strength & conditioning for all Academy players
- Work in collaboration with the Academy Physio to provide specific physical development training sessions for injured players
- Provide match day fitness support for the U18 players.
- Work together with the rest of the MDT to provide holistic support for all player development.
- Ensure all sport science and medicine EPPP criteria is fulfilled.
Essential qualifications & experience:
- Masters degree in Sports Science or Strength & Conditioning
- 3 years experience working in elite sport (preferably football)
- FA Safeguarding Children
- Full UK driving licence
- Good level of IT skills
- Experience in using GPS
- Further qualifications or accreditation from relevant bodies (UKSCA, BASES, BASEM).
Carlisle United Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and may include checks against the Barred Lists, as such it is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974).
Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter and your CV for the attention of Sarah McKnight, by email to email@example.com or by post to – Carlisle United FC, Brunton Park, Warwick Road, Carlisle, CA1 1LL.
Closing date 18 March 2021.