Carlisle United Football Club are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed qualified coach to work in their Academy on a part-time basis.
The role will include working in the evenings and at weekends.
Academy Manager / Lead Youth Development Phase Coach.
Salary & Hours:
Dependent on experience and qualifications.
Tuesday and Thursday for 1.5 / 2 hours between 5pm and 8pm.
Saturday for 1.5 / 2 hours between 11am and 1pm (depending on age group).
Academy games on Sunday mornings (home and away).
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning, delivering, evaluating and recording coaching sessions.
- Developing Academy players in line with the Carlisle United Playing Philosophy.
- Delivering age appropriate coaching sessions to meet the needs of the players in
line with the Carlisle United Coaching Philosophy.
- Monitoring individual and team performance within training and games.
- Conduct six-week, half-season and full-season reviews.
The successful applicants will need:
- UEFA B Coaching Qualification (or currently enroled on a UEFA B course).
- FA Current FA CRB check, FA Emergency Aid (or BFAS).
- Safeguarding Children and FA Licensed Coaches Club membership (or renewable
Knowledge and Experience:
- Background within football.
- Knowledge of Elite Football Development and session planning.
- Knowledge of the Elite Player Performance Plan.
- Experience of Coaching in an Academy / Centre of Excellence / Elite Player
- Preferable knowledge and experience of age specific characteristics.
- A desire to work with elite young players.
- Committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated, showing a passion for developing
players and themselves.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A positive and professional attitude and the ability to work with a range of
- Computer literate.
- Valid Driving Licence.
This role involves work with young people and will be subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks.
Clearance through The FA CRB system is required.
As such this post is exempt for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the applicant must disclose all previous convictions, including spent convictions at the time of application.
Carlisle United is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Download the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form HERE.
Please submit your CV together with the completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form to Christopher Blake, either by email to email@example.com or post to Carlisle United Football Club, Brunton Park, Warwick Road, Carlisle, CA1 1LL.