Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

CUMBERLAND CUP: Netherhall 1 - 3 United

28 April 2015

Result from the Tuesday evening game

Netherhall - Rule, Byers (Smith 65), Pearson, Dawes, Johnson, Cresswell, Holden, Porter, Lowes, Anderson, Vicars. Subs - Tinnion, Burgess, Short, Carter.

Goal - Anderson (22)

Carlisle United - Hanford, Sweeney (Rudd 85), Meppen-Walter, Douglas, Young, Amoo, Griffith, Dicker (Robson 46), Kearns (Bradbury 72), Beck, Taylor. Subs – Fowler, Hurley.

Goals - Kearns (4), Beck (19, 26)

Referee - Mr Kevin Mulraine

Attendance - 336


2 mins - Early chance for Netherhall as Byers nicked possession in midfield. He fed Vicars who took a touch, turned and swept a powerful effort just wide.

4 mins - United slotted their first chance home. The build up started when Danny Kearns found Dicker with a reverse ball 30 yards from goal. A lovely return ball followed and the wide man drew the keeper then calmly chipped it into the net.

16 mins - Byers found Holden and his measured pass over the top took Dawes into the box. Douglas went shoulder-to-shoulder and the referee waved away the appeals for a penalty as the midfielder hit the floor.

17 mins - Amoo carried the ball to the edge of the area but his shot lacked power and Rule was able to gather at his feet.

19 mins - United exploited the left flank with Meppen-Walter in space. His floated cross was perfect for striker Mark Beck who was in acres of space at the far post. He jumped high to place his header into the bottom corner.

22 mins - Netherhall brought themselves right back into it when Rule sent a long kick into the Carlisle box from just outside his own area. Keith Anderson watched it all the way and outfoxed Hanford with a flicked header which looped into the net.

26 mins - Carlisle restored their two goal cushion when Kearns picked the ball up on the edge of the area. He made it to the byline and his cut back across the face of goal left Mark Beck with the simple task of tapping it into the back of the waiting net.

35 mins - An inswinging Netherhall corner caused problems as Hanford was barged when he attempted a punch. The ball fell loose but Douglas spun just in time to hook it away before Lowes could get a touch.

43 mins - Kearns beat three and crossed low, and a touch from Rule left Johnson with defensive work to do. His first intervention sent the ball goalward but he readjusted in time to scoop it away.

Half Time: Netherhall 1 - 3 United

52 mins - A great through ball from Griffith left Kearns with space to work in. He twisted and turned but his shot was blocked as he tried to find the far corner.

59 mins - Wide man Amoo crossed on the run and Kearns controlled before stepping back inside his man. He bided his time but Rule stayed on his feet and made a fine save when the shot came.

76 mins - Striker Mark Beck pounced on a poor back pass from Smith just 17 yards out. He took it past Rule but a touch from the keeper stopped him in his tracks. Clean through he dragged the ball, turned and wheeled away in disappointment as he smashed his shot at the empty net into the side netting.

78 mins - Vicars beat two challenges to get himself into a shooting position and Hanford had to keep a watchful eye as it skipped off the surface and into his chest.

87 mins - Anderson scooped a decent effort just over the bar when he tried his luck from the angle.

Advertisement block