CUSG Constitution dated July 2017Carlisle United Supporters' Groups Constitution
The Carlisle United Supporters' Group (“the Group”) is formed from representatives of independent groups of Carlisle United (“the Club”) supporters and individual supporters.
The objective and purpose of CUSG is to provide:
• A forum for supporters to work together in collaboration with representatives of Carlisle United to improve the Club and build strong relations.
• An opportunity for supporters and CUSG to engage with the Club:
- give feedback
- raise concerns
- make suggestions and share ideas
- receive updates and key communications from the Club
• an opportunity for the Club to engage with supporters:
- consult and seek opinions
- communicate plans
• implement supporter focused initiatives.
The Group will be transparent and open in its activities.
Meetings will take place every 4-6 weeks.
Meeting minutes and action plans will be agreed by the attendees and be published on the Club’s website.
The initial founder members of the Group are:
• Route A66 Travel
• Carlisle United Official Supporters Club
• Disabled Supporters Group
• Carlisle United Supporters Away Travel
• Carlisle United Supporters Club London Branch
Each supporters’ group is responsible for nominating their own representatives to the Group.
Membership will be capped at a maximum of three representatives from any one single supporters’ group.
Fans who are non-affiliated to a specific supporters’ group, may be invited to be members of the Group by agreement of the existing CUSG members or request to join.
Should any representative be suspended or expelled the reason for this will be recorded in the minutes of a meeting.
The Club will nominate up to three attendees for each meeting to which they are invited.
Chair and Secretary
The Group will elect a Chairman. The Secretary will be a volunteer from the membership of the Group.
To be appointed from the group and will be responsible for the management of funds.
Two cheque signatories will be required,one of which should be the Treasurer. Bank statements to be sent to the Treasurer. Any expenditure in excess of £500 must be approved in advance by the group and recorded as such in the minutes of the meeting when it was approved.
CUSG will not look to borrow any funds.
Should any group have an item them wish to bring to a meeting they should inform the secretary no less than seven days in advance of that meeting so that the item can be circulated to all members of the group.
Any fundraising undertaken by the Group will be for the benefit of Carlisle United supporters.
No subscription fees are payable.
Any disciplinary issues will be dealt with by the group. Outcomes to be recorded but not made available outside the meeting.