Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
29 April 2023 Venue Brunton Park Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

PREVIEW: A look ahead to the weekend game

Another big one on Saturday

27 April 2023

Carlisle United v Salford City, Saturday 29 April, kick off 3pm

Match Sponsor - CUFC Devon Supporters

We hope you all have a fantastic afternnon with us!

Match Ball Sponsor - Donaldsons Furnishers


Click HERE to visit the Donaldsons Furnishers official website.

Match Ball Sponsor - Ian MacDonald & Mark Nicholson

Have a great day!


It's been a mixed bag of results for Salford recently with three wins, two defeats and a draw - albeit with back to back victories under their belts ahead of this weekend's fixture.

Just three points behind the Blues they are one of that mix of seven teams (if we include Northampton) who still have to do things properly if a successful end to the campaign is to become a reality.

They've been decent on the road, unbeaten in their last four away days, and with just one loss suffered from their last seven trips to other parts of the country.

The Ammies had two players in the EFL League Two team of the season, alongside our very own Owen Moxon, with the pair sat on the same table as the Carlisle lad at last Sunday's event.

Captain Ibou Touray was in there for the second time in three seasons and has ten assists to complement his 250 club appearances and 100 clean sheets.

Summer signing Elliot Watt has 15 assists since joining from Bradford City in the summer. A playmaker he's a handful if given time and space.

The pair are our ones to watch this weekend.


Click HERE to purchase a match pass which will allow you to LISTEN to this fixture via our match streaming service. 

This game is live to watch as part of the EFL World Cup streaming agreement.

With match commentary provided by BBC Radio Cumbria, this is a fantastic way to follow your team through the season.

Match audio passes are available for ALL EFL league games - click HERE to find out more about this season’s iFollow United service.



Carlisle wins


Salford wins









Kris Dennis took just three minutes to open the scoring when United went to Salford in November 2022. Matt Smith levelled things up just after the break but goals from Callum Guy, Corey Whelan, and a second from Dennis, secured a comfortable away win for the Blues.

Watch the highlights from that game here:

The Ammies registered their first victory over United in February 2022. Omari Patrick equalised after Ryan Watson had put the hosts ahead from the spot, but Matt Smith popped up to net the winner late in the day.

Watch the highlights from that game here:

United took the honours at Brunton Park in September 2021 when Jon Mellish bagged the winner after Josh Morris had levelled the first-half scores just moments before the break. Brennan Dickenson had notched the early opener.

Watch the highlights from that game here:

It was 1-1 in Salford in February 2021 with George Tanner opening the scoring for the away side with just 11 minutes on the clock. James Wilson equalised on 79 minutes to make sure the spoils were shared.

Watch the highlights from that game here:

We hosted the Ammies in December 2020 with strikes from Lewis Alessandra and Rhys Bennett putting the Blues two goals to the good. D'Ishon Bernard hit back late in the day but it was too little too late the Cumbrians took the points.

Watch the highlights from that game here:

The first meeting of these clubs was in August 2019, when the newly-promoted outfit came north for our first ever meeting. An early lead for the Blues from an Olufela Olomola goal was turned on its head as Salford's Emmanuel Dieseruvwe and Danny Whitehead scored in quick succession to put the visitors ahead as half-time approached. Stefan Scougall completed the scoring moments before the break, and that was it for the day as it ended all-square at 2-2.

Watch the highlights from that game here:


Referee - Sebastian Stockbridge
Assistant Referee 1 - Steven Rushton
Assistant Referee 2 - Chris Isherwood
Fourth Official - Andy Haines
Observer - James Devine

Our referee for this game is Mr Seb Stockbridge. He has taken charge of 32 games this season showing 94 yellow cards and four reds. 

We saw him at Barrow in October 2022 for our Papa Johns Trophy group game. The hosts scored twice in the second half to take the points, and Taylor Charters was the only away player to be booked on the night.

He was with us in November 2021 when we lost at home to Harrogate by 2-0. George Thomson and Alex Pattison netted the goals, and Callum Guy had his name taken.

Brad Young notched a brace when United were victorious over an Everton U21 side in the Papa John's Trophy group stage at the end of September 2021. Gime Toure saw the only yellow card of the night.

April 2020 brought him to Holker Street for our 2-2 draw with Barrow. Jack Armer scored first - Scott Quigley and Patrick Brough gave the hosts the lead - but Ozzy Zanzala had the last say with the equalising goal. Jack Armer, Jon Mellish and George Tanner were booked for the Blues.

Mr Stockbridge was in Carlisle in November 2020 for the 3-2 win over Newport. Lewis Alessandra and Jon Mellish (2) scored the goals and Rod McDonald was the only Carlisle name noted.

And he was a late replacement in February 2021 for our 1-0 away defeat at Harrogate. The game just about survived a serious downpour, and George Tanner was the solitary booking on the night.

We had him for our 0-0 draw with Cambridge in November 2019 where Canice Carroll and Ryan Loft had their names entered into the bookings charts.

He was with us again in the 2019/20 season for our September 4-2 home loss at the hands of the Wolves under-21 side. Hallam Hope and Ryan Loft scored our goals and Canice Carroll received a yellow card.

The last time he was here prior to that was for our 2-0 home defeat against Morecambe in October 2018. There were no names taken on the afternoon but the game was lost by half time.

He was also with us in August 2018 for our 1-0 home victory over Crewe. Ashley Nadesan scored the winning goal, with 20 minutes left to play, and there were no United names taken on the day.

We saw him on three occasions during season 2017/18 – Danny Grainger [who also scored], Mike Jones, Mark Ellis and Jamie Devitt were all carded in our 1-1 draw with Luton in April.

Gary Liddle’s name was the only one written down as Kelvin Etuhu and John O’Sullivan scored the goals to secure a 2-0 victory over Chesterfield in February.

And Hallam Hope and Jason Kennedy were the goal scorers as United stayed trouble free in their 2-0 Checkatrade victory over Morecambe.


Tickets for this fixture are on sale now.

Methods of purchase:

  • In person – come to the main ticket office at the designated time.
  • Phone – ring the ticket office 03300 945 930 option 1 at the designated times and pay with a credit / debit card.
  • Internet – buy online HERE

Please note - persons under the age of 14 MUST be accompanied by an adult. Minors under the age of 14 will not be permitted entrance and parents / guardians will be called to collect the child and escort them from the premises.


Remember, you can purchase an e-ticket online all the way up to kick-off on a match day. Simply show your purchased ticket on your smartphone at the turnstile and you'll be scanned in as normal.
E-tickets really are a fantastic and smooth way of making your match day experience just that little bit easier.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

MATCH REPORT: United 2 - 3 Ammies

Report from the Saturday afternoon home game

29 April 2023

United went into their final scheduled home fixture looking to build on their five-game unbeaten run and to at the very least consolidate their top seven position, if not improve it yet further.

There was one enforced change from the away win at Barrow with Omari Patrick in for John-Kymani Gordon, who was serving the first game of a three-match ban.

United showed first with a neat flick from Edmondson from a Barclay throw. Mellish drilled it low across the face of the area but Vassell stepped in to clear. It was recycled out to the left, with Patrick using Armer as an outlet, and Edmondson made the looped cross that followed his own. His 10-yard header dropped the wrong side of the upright.

Intricate work in midfield started with shielding from Dennis. Edmondson jumped forward to chest it for Moxon to spread play to Patrick. He got his head down and earned a corner as he crossed. 

The Ammies tried to hit on the break with a direct run from Barry and he tried his luck with a rasper from distance. It was blocked, and the corner fron Mallan was flicked by Smith, who got the faintest of touches. Moxon got an important touch to send it onto the inside of the post before Hendry could apply a finish. Holy stooped low to pick it up.

Edmondson was at the heart of another Carlisle attack as he sprinted back to slide into a challenge and win the ball. Barclay clipped it back his way, and his first time pass to Dennis, with a dinked touch to Patrick, was sublime. The officials somehow gave a handball decision the wrong way.

Patrick and Dennis did the hard work to keep a long ball forward alive with some instinctive touches. Mellish was up in support and a crisp left-footed volley wasn't too far away.

Smith sent a deep free kick from Watt into the Warwick as the game maintained a steady flow, and Patrick and Moxon bamboozled the defence at the other end with a training ground corner routine. it almost came off, but the cross was stopped in its tracks. 

A 33-yard free kick from Mallan was deflected for a corner, and the set piece was eventually dealt with by Dennis and Armer.

A lightning quick break from the Ammies caught United out on 23 minutes after Bolton overlapped to receive a neat through ball from Barry. He looked up and saw Hendry in support, and the forward made no mistake with a powerful strike that whipped into the bottom corner.

The lead was doubled on 28 minutes when Luke Bolton played a one-two off Hendry midway inside the United half. He got his head over the ball as he arrowed straight at the box, and a toe poke from 17-yards somehow made its way through Holy's hands and over the line.

Determination from Moxon gave the crowd a lift as he spun his way out of a tackle before crossing. Mellish trapped it, and Dennis threw a boot at it, but it spun off his instep and rose high into the air. 

Carlisle stayed forward and Armer connected with his right foot as a half clearance skewed his way. It was a good spell for the home side and Moxon was next to have a pop, but he dragged it wide from distance.

Holy had to save a snapshot from Hendry just before the break, after a scuffed clearance was rifled at the nets, and there was plenty for the hosts to do as they headed up the tunnel for their team talk.

The Cumbrians went for a 3-5-2 formation for the start of the second period, with McCalmont on for Edmondson, and there was a zip about the passing as the home side looked to make an impact.

McCalmont was felled as he went on a surge, with Dennis and Moxon over the free kick, but the wall did its job.

A long throw almost did the trick as it was shaved onwards at the near post, but Vassell got in the way to prevent Patrick from applying a touch. 

United worked the ball from right to left well moments later and Armer's delivery was begging to be finished off, but the red shirts got there first to make the clearance.

There was a fantastic chance fashioned for Barclay just past the hour when Moxon whisked a lovely pass into the area. The defender went for a placed volley but it whistled past the post.

United created a great opening as Robinson overlapped with 67 minutes on the clock, but the offside flag went up as the touch from Dennis grazed the outside of the post.

A first time cross from Guy then skipped up off the surface and just evaded Robinson, who had steamed in to greet it, and Guy then had a thunderbolt charged down with Carlisle throwing everything at it.

The Blues thought they were right back in it on 75 minutes when Garner put a head on a lovely cross from Robinson, but the offside flag cut the celebrations short.

But Garner wasn't to be denied two minutes later when he met a Moxon free kick with a stunning header. Cairns could do nothing as it thundered its way into the bottom corner.

There was chaos on 82 minutes when United were first awarded a penalty, when Garner was cut down by Vassell. Watt first pushed Mellish in the aftermath, and the reaction was immediate with a push in retaliation that sent the Salford man to the floor. A red card was produced.

Kris Dennis ignored the histrionics that followed to claim league goal number 20 from the spot.

The hosts were brought straight back down to earth on 88 minutes when Luke Bolton cut in from the right flank before curling an unstoppable effort into the top corner, putting the away side back in the driving seat.

Carlisle were down to nine men as nine minutes of added time was announced, with Jamie Devitt signalling that he needed treatment before leaving the field of play moments later.

Salford protected their lead as the clock ticked down and the victory was theirs at the end of a feisty encounter.


Match Sponsor - CUFC Devon Supporters
Match Ball Sponsor - Donaldsons Furnishers
Match Ball Sponsor - Ian MacDonald and Mark Nicholson



Carlisle United - Garner (77), Dennis (85 pen)

Salford City - Hendry (23), Bolton (28, 88)



Carlisle United - Guy (16), Edmondson (45), Garner (78), Dennis (86)

Salford City - Touray (52), McAleny (85)



Carlisle United - Holy, Huntington (c), Whelan (Gibson 64), Mellish, Barclay, Moxon, Guy (Devitt 75), Armer (Robinson 64), Patrick (Garner 65), Dennis, Edmondson (McCalmont 46). Subs - Kelly (gk), Charters.

Salford City - Cairns, Touray (c), Watt, Hendry (Lund 75), Mallan (Leak 80), Mariappa, Smith, Barry (McAleny 64), Bolton, Shephard, Vassell. Subs - Bellagambi (gk), Lowe, Galbraith, Morton.


Match officials

Referee - Sebastian Stockbridge
Assistant Referee 1 - Steven Rushton
Assistant Referee 2 - Chris Isherwood
Fourth Official - Andy Haines
Observer - James Devine


Attendance - 10,927 (469)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account