Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

26 February 2022 Venue Breyer Group Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

PREVIEW: A look ahead at our weekend opponents

Leyton Orient up next for the Blues

24 February 2022

United's longest remaining away trip is to East London on Saturday, with over 400 Blues expected at the Breyer Group Stadium.

It took a while for Orient to get going during the January transfer window, but a flurry of activity started from the middle of the month.

Right-back Dan Moss came in from Millwall on a half-season loan, and midfielder Otis Khan penned an 18-month deal as he came in from Walsall.

Two more midfielder came in with just a week left to go - Jordan Brown from Derby and Ethan Coleman from King's Lynn.

Closing off the inward movement were loan agreements with Exeter City for defender George Ray and Colchester United for experienced striker Frank Nouble.


It's been a really tough spell for the O's with no league victory since the beginning of December.

Since then they have suffered seven defeats and picked up two points, with goals also hard to come by (just the one netted since the turn of the year).

This has seen them tumble down the table following what was a promising spell, and they went into the Tuesday night home game against Bristol Rovers looking for a return to winning ways.

That didn't go to plan, with two goals in a devastating three-minute first-half spell meaning that the Pirates sailed away with the plunder.

Kenny Jackett left the club after the whistle had blown, so the managerial situation has taken an interim format. 

who watch

Aaron Drinan has been a shining light with 13 goals and five assists from 29 appearances. 

He's a mobile forward with an eye for the target, and at one point through October and November and he had netted nine goals from eight outings.

Partnered by Frank Nouble or Harry Smith, he works well off the big target man and causes problems for any defence.


Click HERE to purchase an audio match pass which will allow you to listen to this game via our streaming iFollow service.

With match commentary provided by BBC Radio Cumbria, this is a fantastic way to follow your team through the season.

Match audio passes are available for ALL EFL league games - click HERE to find out more about this season’s iFollow United service.


The sides have met a total of 58 times over the years, with a very even spread of results to show for it.

  Carlisle wins Draws Leyton Orient wins
League 22 15 21
FA Cup 1 0 0
Total 23 15 21

Carlisle hosted Orient in August 2021 and they took the lead courtesy of an early Tristan Abrahams penalty. Harry Smith levelled with just over 15 minutes to go, and it ended at 1-1 with a share of the spoils.

Watch the highlights from that game here:

It was a game packed with incident in May 2021 as Orient went ahead through Conor Wilkinson at the Breyer Group Stadium with three minutes on the clock. Jon Mellish pulled it level just before the break, but the O's were back in front almost straight away as Dan Kemp netted. Magnus Norman saved a penalty, and it became United's day as Lewis Alessandra bagged from the spot. That paved the way for George Tanner to snatch a late, late winner in time added on.

Watch the highlights from that game here:

The March 2021 meeting of these sides was actually at the fourth time of asking with the previous fixture dates having fallen foul of cold weather (twice) and a covid outbreak. It appeared to be heading towards a 0-0 draw until Conor Wilkinson snatched a late, late winner for the visitors.

Watch the highlights from that game here:

October 2019 took the Blues to East London where a clean strike from Jack Iredale just after the break cancelled out an early Josh Wright penalty.

Watch the highlights from that game here:

These teams came together in February 2017, also at the home of the O's. Gavin Massey gave the hosts the lead but strikes from Gary Liddle and Jamie Proctor earned the visitors a creditable 2-1 victory. The afternoon took a bad turn for Proctor, though, when he was sent off just eight minutes after bagging the winner.

Watch the highlights from that game here:

The sides met earlier that season at Brunton Park where they played out a 2-2 draw. The Blues had to come from behind twice as Paul McCallum and Harry Cornick netted for the Orient. Charlie Wyke got United's first, with Danny Grainger caliming the point from the penalty spot late in the game.

Watch the highlights from that game here:


Referee - Carl Boyeson
Assistant Referee 1 - Robert Dabbs
Assistant Referee 2 - Adrian Tranter
Fourth Official - Greg Read
Observer - Robert Desmond

Our referee for this game is Mr Carl Boyeson. He has been the man in the middle for 18 games so far this season showing 68 yellow cards and two reds.

He was in charge for the home game against Oldham in February 2021 when a Josh Kayode opener was cancelled out and overtaken by three away goals. George Tanner and Nick Anderton were shown yellows on the day.

He was at Boundary Park in September 2020 for the Carabao Cup game where Nick Anderton, Aaron Hayden and Rod McDonald all went in the book.

A regular for Carlisle United fixtures, we saw him just once in 2019/20. That was for the August 2019 visit of Mansfield when Danny Rose and Nicky Maynard put the visitors two goals to the good before the break. That was how the game ended, but it was a day for cards as three of the away side were joined by Byron Webster for United with yellows to their name.

Season 2018/19 put him in charge of our games on three different occasions. He was the man in the middle for our 3-0 away defeat at Stevenage in April - a day which also saw Gary Miller and Tom Parkes go in the book.

Prior to that he was our match referee in January when he took charge of the home game against Cheltenham. Early second half goals from Jamie Devitt and Hallam Hope bagged us the victory, and there were no United names taken on the day.

Also, in November 2018, he officiated for our home game against Forest Green in November. Ben Morris and Carl Winchester had given the visitors a two-goal cushion, but a late Jamie Devitt penalty turned out to be nothing more than a consolation as Rovers claimed their victory. Anthony Gerrard was the only Carlisle name to be logged.

Think back a little further and he was in charge of a game that turned into a thriller for all the wrong reasons when we made the trip to face Wycombe in February 2018. A horrible first half saw the Blues go two goals behind as Matt Bloomfield and Luke O'Nien bagged quickfire goals either side of the half hour mark.

The tide changed at the start of the second half when O'Nien was sent off, and a penalty from Danny Grainger brought United right back into the game. Jamie Devitt and Cole Stockton turned it well and truly on its head, and the visitors appeared to have secured the three points as the clock ticked in to time added on.

That was when the world fell apart for the Cumbrians as Marcus Bean and Paris Cowan-Hall pounced within seconds of each other to leave the away side pondering what might have been. 


Initial allocation of 400 sold out.



Match day




Senior over 65



Student with valid ID card



*Armed Forces









*Armed Forces – Must be a current serving member of the armed forces with proof of affiliation.

*Unemployed – with proof of benefit receipt. 

Disabled info

Ambulant disabled supporters and wheelchair users pay the relevant price with the carer free of charge.

Dates of sale 

Date Time
Thu 24 Feb 10am - 4pm


Methods of purchase:

In person – come to the main ticket office in the Pioneer Stand at the designated time. Ticket sales on home match days will be from the West Stand ticket office. 
Phone – ring the ticket office on 0330 094 5930 at the designated times and pay with a credit / debit card.
Internet – click HERE and follow the online instructions. 

Advertisement block

Match Reports

MATCH REPORT: O's 0 - 1 United

Report from the Saturday afternoon away day

26 February 2022

United were in the East End of London on Saturday afternoon for their trip to face Leyton Orient.

Exactly 700 travelling Blues made their way to watch Paul Simpson's first game of his second spell as United manager, with a renewed feeling of optimism around the club.

Four changes were made to last weekend's starting eleven with Mitchell Roberts, Tobi Sho-Silva, Corey Whelan and Owen Windsor taking a step back onto the bench to be replaced by Jack Armer, Jamie Devitt, Jordan Gibson and Kristian Dennis.

Joe Riley was at the right of five-man back line, Armer on the left, with Mellish, Simeu and Feeney making up the central trio.

Orient were also under new guidance, with Matt Harrold on interim manager duties, having parted company with Kenny Jackett in midweek.

Jamie Devitt earned his side an early free kick right in front of the away supporters as he was barged off the ball, and he dusted himself off to deliver to the near stick. A low clearance fell for Guy to strike from distance, but it was blocked and it spun away to safety.

The O's won a corner as they got forward for the first time, and Harry Smith got his head to a dipping delivery. Howard made sure when he tipped it over his bar. The back line had two more centres to defend, but Simeu and Guy stood strong.

United were in front bang on five minutes when Devitt robbed possession inside his own half. He fed it to Dennis, who stretched to toe poke it for Patrick to chase. The forward used pace to streak into the box and he checked back to leave an opening to shoot. Vigouroux could do nothing as a low shot fizzed under his dive.

'Paul Simpson's blue and white army' belted out from the away stand as they celebrated Patrick's fourth of the season.

The away team crafted an excellent move when Guy picked out Patrick with his back to goal. He shielded it before piercing the back line with a wonderful through ball. Riley overlapped to deliver, but it was just too high for Armer to connect with.

Orient showed that they were in the fight when a whipped cross from Archibald was nodded out as far as Kyprianou. He volleyed first time but it was badly skewed and it curled away for a throw.

An eight-yard Smith header was a whisker away on 26 minutes as it bounced off the surface and popped up awkwardly, but it fell over the bar. Drinan had done the leg work to fashion the cross, but Howard looked comfortable with the situation as he watched the ball come his way.

Feeney did well to get to another Drinan outswinger as Smith steamed into the box to greet it, and the number 16 was on the end of the Archibald corner that followed. He couldn't believe his eyes when he somehow sent it past the upright from just 10 yards out.

Excellent hard work from Patrick saw him keep the ball under pressure at the other end, and a clever inside ball found Dennis in space. Guy was lined up to shoot, but it was wayward and it walloped the advertising hoardings.

United came again with Patrick once more at the heart of it, and he was able to drop a shoulder and shoot after Dennis and Riley had made some room. It took a deflection and that made it easier for Vigouroux to deal with.

Howard had to show good hands when Pratley supported the attack just before the break. A header from the edge of the area from a Drinan centre had power, but the stopper was equal to it.

Another incisive visiting move, sparked by pace from Riley, carved Orient apart as the right-back launched himself into the midfield gap. Gibson took over, and his delivery from wide was perfect for the late arriving Armer to volley. Vigouroux was beaten and mightily relieved as it bobbled just wide.

Into the second period and Theo Archibald was sent off when he picked up two yellow cards in the space of five minutes for late challenges on Gibson and Mellish.

Things stayed tight in midfield, as United held their shape, but they broke on the hour when Gibson and Patrick exchanged passes to bring Riley onwards. He spotted Armer on a run, and the defender tried his luck with a rasper as he reached the edge of the box.

Gibson picked out Patrick with another excellent pass moments later and it opened up in front of him just for a moment. He kept his thunderbolt low but the keeper was there to grasp it once again.

Riley had a shot charged down when he supported the attack, and Vigouroux pulled off an excellent one-handed diving save from Gibson as the blue shirts recycled an attempted break out from the hosts. It was going in until the fingertips did their job.

A volleyed cross from Riley which ripped across the face of goal was the end product of a patient build-up which saw the visitors pass the ball from right to left and back again. It needed a touch, but it was just too far in front of the forward line.

A rare Orient attack brought a corner that skimmed off Feeney's head, and there was relief from the travelling supporters when it ran free and clear.

There were set pieces to deal with as Orient threw men into the attack, but Sho-Silva had a real chance with his first touch after coming on when Armer put him through with a raking pass. He was forced wide and his volley flew over the bar.

Gibson then slid one through for Whelan to chase, and he reached the byline befere cutting it back. An Orient boot got the first touch and the keeper gathered it in.

There was still work for Howard to do and he had to parry when he saw a crunching 20-yard volley from Kyprianou late, and he thanked Mellish when he stepped in to mop it up.

The big keeper plucked a weak Nouble header out of the air when the clock ticked into the six minutes of time added on, and there was a scramble inside the six-yard box when a dinked delivery from the left ricocheted between Feeney and Simeu. It was eventually put behind for a corner.

Sho-Silva had to head behind off the line after Pratley got something to it - as much a points winning intervention as the goal - and the last of the inswingers was allowed to bounce behind after Sotiriou misplaced his touch.

The nailbiting period came to an end with the referee's whistle, which was accompanied by a huge roar from the away fans who had seen Simpson's era begin with a win - the club's first in eight outings.



Carlisle United - Patrick (5)



Leyton Orient - Beckles (10), Archibald (48 & 50)

Carlisle United - Armer (52), Riley (55), Whelan (69), Simeu (76)



Leyton Orient - Vigouroux, Wood, Smith, Archibald, Khan, Drinan (Nouble 77), Pratley (c), Beckles, Kyprianou (Sotiriou 60), Coleman (Young 77), Ray. Subs - Byrne (gk), Thompson, Ogie, Brown.

Carlisle United - Howard, Riley, Feeney, Simeu, Mellish, Armer, Gibson, Guy (c), Devitt (Whelan 60), Patrick (Omotoye 77), Dennis (Sho-Silva 80). Subs - Breeze (gk), Alessandra, Roberts, Windsor.


Match officials

Referee - Carl Boyeson
Assistant Referee 1 - Robert Dabbs
Assistant Referee 2 - Adrian Tranter
Fourth Official - Greg Read
Observer - Robert Desmond


Attendance - 5,272 (700)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account