Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

08 December 2018 Venue Stadium mk Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

BIG MATCH PREVIEW: United face MK Dons on Saturday

A look ahead to the trip to stadium:mk

6 December 2018

The Blues are at table-toppers MK Dons on Saturday as they return to League Two action following last Saturday's FA Cup meeting with Lincoln.

Paul TisdaleNew manager Paul Tisdale has lost just six of his 26 fixtures since taking charge in June as he looks to take MK Dons back up to League One at the first time of asking.

Three league wins out of four through November has seen Tisdale pick up a manager of the month nomination, and also helped his team to leapfrog Lincoln City as they built themselves a five-point cushion to fourth place heading into the busy festive period.

The charge into the upper reaches of the division started in earnest for the Dons in October as they won five of their six league outings. A point was added to the 15 already accrued when they picked up a draw at Mansfield, having only missed out on all three points due to an uncharacteristic lack of composure in front of goal.

There are goals-a-plenty in the stadium:mk ranks, and Saturday's hosts boast the tightest defence having condeded just 13 league goals as they enjoy a solid campaign.

Look out for the prolific Kieran Agard, who has notched up nine goals and two assists. Chuks Aneke has been amongst the finishes with eight strikes and one assist to his name, and Rhys Healey gets a mention in despatches with a creditable six goals and two assists against his name.


Manager’s thoughts ...

John SheridanSpeaking ahead of the weekend game, manager John Sheridan said: "We put the disappointment of last weekend behind us quickly because we're heading into what is an important period.

"This will be another tough game but if we do our jobs, and do the simple things well, we'll give them a good game.

"They have players who can score goals, and they'll be full of confidence. They're top of the division because of their consistency and because they put teams away when they get on top in games.

"We know the threats they will pose but we also know we can cause them problems as well. They're a team that won't want to give top spot away lightly, but that's not our concern.

"If we concentrate on ourselves and on what we can do, there is no reason at all why we can't come away with a positive result."

Fancy a flutter on the game? Bet responsibly with our official betting partner and title sponsor Sky Bet by clicking HERE.


Did You Know?

+ MK Dons came out of the ashes of Wimbledon FC in 2004 and initially played their games at the National Hockey Stadium.

+ Stuart Murdoch was their first ever manager, but he was dismissed after just a few months in charge to be replaced by Danny Wilson.


+ MK Dons moved into their current home at stadium:mk in 2007.


Head to Head

These sides have met on a total of 12 occasions with Carlisle edging the honours with seven victories over four to MK Dons.

  Carlisle wins Draws MK Dons wins
League 7 1 4
Total 7 1 4

The last time we were at the home of MK Dons was way back in October 2013. United had to defend for long periods of the game but they ultimately deserved the victory, which came from the boot of Lews Guy. David Amoo had attempted a scissor kick volley at the back stick, but that only flew across the face of goal as he got his bearings wrong. Guy was there to crunch a beauty into the top corner and win the game for the Blues.

Watch the highlights from that game here ...

The home game at Brunton Park in January that season was a much more comfortable and emphatic victory for United. Lee Miller diverted a Tom Lawrence free kick into the bottom corner to open the scoring, and Brad Potts finished off a flowing move at close range to double the lead. A near post David Amoo header, from a whipped corner, gave United their three goal lead and an easy win.

Watch the goals from that game here ...


Man in the middle

Scott OldhamOur referee for this game is Mr Scott Oldham. He has taken charge of 13 games so far this season, showing 44 yellow cards and no reds. 

We last saw him up here at Brunton Park for the game against Stevenage in September. A Ben Kennedy goal early in the second half was enough to give the Boro a one-goal victory, and Hallam Hope's was the only Carlisle name taken on the day.

He was at Brunton Park on three occasions last season - the first in September 2017 when we drew 1-1 with Barnet. Shaun Miller scored our late equaliser, with just five minutes left to play, and it was a game where the notebook stayed firmly in the pocket.

We saw him again at the end of December when Coventry were the visitors to Carlisle. Danny Grainger and Jamie Devitt went in the book as Marc McNulty bagged a second half winner.

His last trip to see us in the last campaign was for our 2-0 victory over Grimsby. Hallam Hope and Mark Ellis scored the goals and Clint Hill was the only yellow card shown on the day. 

Referee – Scott Oldham
Assistant Referee 1 – Alix Pashley
Assistant Referee 2 – Darren Wilding
Fourth Official – Andrew Hendley


Ticket information

Click HERE for full ticket information.

Click HERE to purchase your tickets online.


iFollow United ... do you?

Don’t miss a kick – join us on iFollow United for match coverage for EVERY first team game this season.

Click HERE to sign up for full match commentary, in association with BBC Radio Cumbria.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

MATCH REPORT: MK Dons 2 - 0 United

Report from the Saturday afternoon away game

8 December 2018

United were back at stadium:mk for the first time in nearly five years on Saturday afternoon as they came up against high-flying MK Dons on their return to league action following last weekend's FA Cup second round fixture against Lincoln City.

The game started slowly but United had a half chance in the first minute when a long ball forward was flicked on by Nadesan. Hope took it in his chest, 23 yards out, but his first time volley was always heading wide.

A shot from D'Ath was blocked by Gerrard as the Dons tried to make things happen, and Gillesphey had to take care as Williams came down his flank at pace. The away side closed ranks to make sure they kept the door shut.

There was more for Carlisle to think about as they lost Jerry Yates to a hip injury early in the piece, and the space in midfield was exploited well by the home side. A reverse pass to McGrandle invited a shot from the edge of the box which Collin was pleased to see curl away from his bottom corner. 

More tidy football from the hosts saw D’Ath, Cargill and Cisse tease a path through the stubborn back line. Cargill whipped a delivery across the face of goal but it was once again just an inch too high for Healey as he steamed in. 

The Cumbrians were let off the hook midway through the half when Cargill rattled a beauty of a delivery into the mix. Collin spilled it, as he collided with Gerrard, and the ball bobbled invitingly loose and unguarded. It was sighs of relief all round as the static attack allowed the keeper to recover. 

Carlisle struggled get out of their own half, but they could have nicked the lead when Nadesan used pace to get onto a ball over the top which bounced free in the left channel. The angle was tight and his scuffed volley was easy for Nicholls to grasp. 

Having been completely under the thumb it was United who should have taken the lead when Nadesan beat his man once again to end a low cross towards the back stick. Hope slid in and got the contact, but Nicholls spread himself to make an excellent point-blank save. The rebound came back off Hope and careered onto the upright before ricocheting kindly behind as the Carlisle striker threw everything at it in an attempt to get it over the line. 

The home side responded when Healey jinked through two challenges to make his way into the box. He was stopped in his tracks as he shaped to shoot but the ball rolled nicely for Agard to have a go. It was going in until an outstretched boot helped it on its way over the bar.

A cut back from Agard to Healey looked to have brought a certain goal as the striker put his boot through the shot. It was going in until until Liddle somehow completed an amazing scissor-kick goal line clearance.

Good work from Hope in time added on for the half saw him overlap before cutting back inside to let one fly. It was blocked, as was the follow up from Etuhu. United stayed forward and Jones did well to steal possession back. The whistle for half time blew as his crisp volley hit a shin and spun behind.

It took just five minutes of the second half for the Dons to break the deadlock when a lack of concentration from a half-cleared corner allowed Houghton to steal in and nick possession. He shot from distance and the slightest of deflections took it past Collin and into the net via the base of the post.

Nadesan and Etuhu had efforts blocked as Carlisle looked to respond, but Collin still had work to do at the other end when a shot from Gilbey came at him from long range.

The game became comfortable for the Dons when Carlisle were caught light at the back as Lewington was sent free on the left flank. His cross was perfect for Agard and the prolific forward left Collin with no chance as his deft flick took the ball into the bottom corner.

Nicholls saved with his fingertips when Hope let fly with United looking for a route back into the game, but the pace of the encounter visibly slowed as MK Dons sat deep and protected their cushion.

A shot from Etuhu from a Devitt corner was followed by a scramble, but Nicholls emerged with the ball depsite a number of flailing legs being punted his way.

A high cross was then sent behind before Bennett could pounce, and the Dons defended in numbers to see the game through to a successful conclusion, despite Gillesphey clipping the angle of post and bar late in the day.



MK Dons - Houghton (50), Agard (64)



Carlisle United - Slater (31), Gillesphey (60)



MK Dons - Nicholls, Williams, Lewington, Cisse, Gilbey, Agard (Watson 90), McGrandles, D'Ath (Sow 80), Houghton, Cargill, Healey (Pawlett 70). Subs - Moore, Hancox, Simpson, Jackson.

Carlisle United - Collin, Sowerby, Liddle, Gerrard, Gillesphey, Yates (Parkes 11), Jones, Etuhu, Slater (Devitt 60), Hope, Nadesan (Bennett 62). Subs - Gray, Miller, Grainger, Campbell.


Referee - Mr Scott Oldham

Attendance - 6,849 (343 away fans)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account